Friday, July 11, 2008

05.07.2008

It’s my first day.

This is so different to anything I’m used to. Usually, when countries promote tourism you’d think they’re exaggerating. Here it’s different. Here, what you see in pictures is what you get.

I had the craziest time today. On the plane I was thinking, what the fuck am I doing? I have the perfect summer ready at home, why should I spend two months here? Then I thought, well at least there will be the other Portuguese Interns, I will spend lots of time with them and so still feel European. But that wasn’t what I got. I’m not staying at the trainee house, because that is an hour and a half away from where I work.

I’m going to be living in my workplace. And that’s where I got the shock. Alone. With Catholic priests, and 14 year old screaming kids. And no internet or TV. And I can’t go out if I’m bored because I’m scared.

And it’s amazing.

Because I have never been running around on a new ambulance before just for fun, for a test drive as soon as it was bought. For them, it was like taking a new Ferrari on a test drive, the same excitement.

The food is spicy, but I love it. I’m getting used to the spice slowly slowly… and it seems as if I’m going to get fatter and not thinner.

Fr. Cyriac showed me around today. He showed me a super(small)market, an internet café and we also went for a mango milkshake which costs 10 rupees and tastes like heaven.

This morning went shopping with two girls; Tripa and Naomi… We bought some Indian clothes for me to wear everyday. They’re really comfortable.

I have to go. A woman which is temporarily sleeping in my room wants to talk. Lol

She’s staring at my computer….

Ok bye!

Viola

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Many foreigners who travel down to India feel initially India isn't such a great place to visit. But once they make a visit, they will never regret. And the people in India are incredible. The Indian attire is one that should be given a try. There are various fashion attire for all occasions but I prefer going with Bollywood fashionBollywood fashion sarees as it looks great for the one who is wearing it.